If you intend to go hiking this summer by yourself or with family and friends keep in mind that hiking the outdoors has lots of benefits such as, fresh air, enjoyable sights and noises and sounds of nature. Also keep in mind that hiking, like exercise, is good for you as it is considered a great cardio workout that may do the following:
- boost your mood
- boost bone density
- exercise the whole body
- improve your blood pressure
- improves blood sugar levels
- build strength in your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and the muscles in your hips and lower legs
- control your weight
- improve balance
- lower your risk of heart disease
- lower risk of colon and breast cancer, and possibly lung and endometrial cancer
- reduces depression and
- improve better quality sleep.
Kids also get lots of the same benefits like adults do. For instance, hiking help kids benefit from the following:
- recuperate cardio-respiratory
- muscular fitness
- enhance bone health
- decrease the possibility of becoming overweight
- decrease the possibility of developing risk factors for type 2 diabetes
- decrease the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease
- promotes better sleep
- reduces the risk of depression and high stress and inability to learn and concentrate in school.
Therefore, by familiarizing yourself, friends, family and your kids to hiking, you are aiding them choose a healthy lifestyle. Furthermore, hiking drills virtually every part of your body, it nurtures your imagination and generates responsiveness in your eyes and ears and the rest of your senses. Remember that you do not have to be in great shape to start hiking. In fact, people who are not so active can still enjoy nature by starting off with easy hikes before stepping up to steeper hikes that will drill the body more. Exploring nature, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, work, and daily routine will let you relate to nature in a manner that it generates inner peace, serenity and total wellness. So what ever location you have picked to hike with friends and family this summer, keep in mind that the great outdoors can be challenging, however, just relax and look forward to your adventure in order to fully enjoy the unique experience such as fresh air, enjoyable sights, noises and sounds.